We know you are always looking for great resources as you raise your daughter. Here are a few we have approved and featured on our blog recently:
- Hope for the Weary Mom: Let God Meet you in The Mess by *Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin: Do oyu fel like you’ve come to the end of yourself? Are you waving the white flag? We know there is a weariness a nap wont’ fix. It settles deep down in the core of who you are and weighs heavily on everything you try to do. We understand. We are weary moms too. We want you to know two things: You are not alone, and God wants to meet you in the middle of your mess.
- For Girls Like You by *Wynter Pitts: Tween girls have access to an unbelievable amount of media and information with just a simple click of the remote or mouse. Every outlet they turn to attempts to subtly influence their worldview…and what they believe about themselves directly affects how they live. For Girls Like You, gives girls a new devotional showing them a correct definition of themselves, opening their eyes to God’s truth and the difference it makes in their lives. Each daily devotion includes a prayer to help girls apply the lesson.
- Speak Love (daughters) by Annie Downs: Through very funny stories, Scripture, and a real understanding of the good, bad, and ugly ways we can use our words, Annie Downs explores the difference you can make when you speak love to others, to God, and even to yourself. Because when you speak love, you speak life. And that’s what matters.
- Every Bitter Thing is Sweet by *Sara Hagerty: In Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet, Hagerty masterfully draws from the narrative of her life to craft a mosaic of a God who leans into broken stories. Here readers see a God who is present in every changing circumstance. Most significantly, they see a God who is present in every unchanging circumstance as well.
- Growing Great Kids by *Kate Battistelli: Kate shares what she and her husband, Mike, learned about parenting during the journey of raising their daughter, Dove Award–winning recording artist Francesca Battistelli. Using anecdotes to illustrate the insights she and her husband gained, she provides practical advice including:
How to dream God’s big dream for your child, The value of humility and integrity, How to interpret God’s seasons in a child’s life, The power of a parent’s words, and more.
- Magnetic (daughters) by Lynn Cowell: As you live out nine amazing characteristics—known as the fruit of the Spirit—you will not only cultivate an inner and outer beauty, but you will also hold an irresistible appeal for godly guys. Shift your focus from a guy to the Guy and become the magnetic young woman God created you to be.
- The Body Book (daughters) by Nancy Rue: The transition from girl to teenager makes the tween years a time of great change—especially in the body department! This unique and creative book for girls ages 7–11 answers the most common questions girls have during this often confusing and overwhelming stage in life. The Body Book gives girls the scoop on everything from body changes and cramps to diet and exercise in an inviting and conversational manner.
- Graceful (daughters): by Emily Freeman: With the same candor and gentle spirit she showed women in Grace for the Good Girl, Emily Freeman now gives young women what they need to be free on the inside, no matter what’s going on outside. Through an honest look at the roles girls play, she helps them learn to stop trying and start trusting that the Jesus who came to save them also comes to live with them, right here and now.
- Surprised By Motherhood by Lisa Jo Baker: A story of becoming and being a mom, and in the process, discovering that all the “what to expect” and “how to” books in the world can never truly prepare you for the sheer exhilaration, joy, and terrifying love that accompanies motherhood. Surprised by Motherhood is a poignant memoir of one woman’s dawning realization that being a mom isn’t about being perfect—it’s about being present.
- Five Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney: For mothers with girls newborn to eighteen, Five Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter is simply a must-have book. Youth culture commentator Vicki Courtney helps moms pinpoint and prepare the discussions that should be ongoing in their daughters’ formative years.
- The Study Bible for Women by B&H Publishers: In The Study Bible for Women, you’ll join a host of other women, all academically trained in the original languages of the Bible and passionate about God’s Word, for an intimately deep dive into Scripture that will equip you to unlock the riches and majesty of His Word, and ignite a passion to mentor others in your life to do the same. The Study Bible for Women includes the full text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, a clear, contemporary English translation that’s faithful to the original languages of the Bible.
- Nobody Told Me (Daughters/teens) by Pam Stenzel and *Melissa Nesdahl: Written for young men and women who want passionate, long-lasting marriages in the future but haven’t considered how the decisions they make now impact their chances for fulfillment. This accessible book contains information teens need about the physical, emotional and spiritual risks associated with premarital sex, as well as guidelines for making healthy choices. Teens have questions about sex, and now there is somewhere to find the answers.
- A Sense of the Resurrection (family)(EASTER) by Amanda White: 12 simple activities to be done the few weeks before Easter will turn your home into a memorial to Jesus’ death and resurrection. You’ll experience Jesus’ anointing, the Last Supper, Peter’s denial, the cross, the empty tomb and more. Memories will be made as your family uses their five senses to understand and believe the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection.This simple eBook includes printables, Scriptures and specific conversation and starting points so you and your kids can get a sense of the resurrection.
*Mothers of Daughters Writer
***FYI: This page contains Amazon or other Associate Links. If you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you! Thanks!